Reply To: Climbing struggles!

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Im no expert but i think you have the wrong bike for climbing. That bike’s geometry, suspension and gearing is built to maximize dowhills, not uphills. It’s always gonna suck more on uphills than, say a hardtail or even a even slightly less slack trail bike with 2 chainrings up front. Which brings me to the next thing that might be wrong- the 1x. I know its the latest fad but you have to realize what you are losing if you are going  to go to it- and that’s Low end and high end gearing.  I’ve havent done the math so Im not for sure, but go to a website that allows you to compare the gearing of different size chainring combos.  I’ll bet money that if you compare the highest and lowest setup of your 1x with the highest and lowest of a 2x (or god forbid an old fashioned 3x) you’ll notice a diference that might make the difference for you. Bottom line is all bikes are a compromise and are built more for one thing than another. You got a pretty spec’d out eduro bike designed to be better on downhills. By its nature its just not gonna be as good uphills. If you want a bike to maximize the downhills, then the price is its not gonna be as good on the uphills. If you ride a lot of long uphills and are getttng sick of not being able to do them, you might just need a different bike.  Sorry- that might be shitty advice but I think that’s prob ultimately your issue.</p>