Reply To: The Rise of the YouTube Celebrity

Truthfully, if it were not for the videos I saw on youtube from Nate and Brian I may have never got bit by the mountain bike bug. I can’t wait to see the new videos that they put out and I love my Patreon access for BKXC! After watching the videos and realizing that I was not getting in shape riding my KTM dirt bike, I got online and ordered a Trek. Since that day I have gotten in awesome shape and can now ride for over 2 hours on the forrest service roads, through the mountains here in Washington State. I loathe the TV programming that Hollywood “thinks” we want to see! It’s garbage! But Nate and Brian, Alex and others keep me focussed on activity, not a Krapdashian!! Thats it for me, I love the videos they produce because they are real, they let me see visually what is possible on a mountain bike AND, I have lost over 150 lbs since I found the videos and bought a bike. I get up every morning and search for videos, have my coffee, eat some breakfast and hit the trail. Rain or shine, I am in the woods on my mountain bike. Thanks to youtube. Oh and when my day is done, it’s back to mountain bike or dirt bike videos. It takes enormous amounts of effort to do what they do and I respect that far more than some fake reality show or a Jerry springer knock off. I rarely watch the news anymore aside from the weather. I even bought a toy hauler and a Dodge Ram 2500 to pull it so I can go ride! Keep the videos coming! It’s all good.