Reply To: Fat biking year round???

My personal take on it is depending on where and how you ride and what your goals are you could very easily ride a fat bike year round.

I have a 2015 Farley 6 and have ridden it year round for the last couple of years. I came from a full squish 29er and there are plenty of days that I miss the 29er. Some days I feel like I’m getting lapped on long grinding climbs and getting destroyed on fast rocky decents. And to be honest I’ve pretty much gotten used to letting my friends by and telling them I’ll see them at the bottom.

Don’t get me wrong the farley is a really really fun bike and it’s been super low maintenance and those are the exact reasons I wanted it.  I ride with some reasonably fast friends and pay the price on the farley, but, I’m always smiling while ripping through singletrack and even catching pretty good air from time to time.

I’m finally in the financial position to pickup another bike and am planning to keep the farley and add a full suspension bike to the stable by spring.