Reply To: Night riding, how often and why?

I started night riding about 8 years ago with a buddy of mine here in Gainesville, FL. I bought him a Stella 120 from a local bike shop and myself one as well. We rode the heck out of the local trail called The Rock. Shortly thereafter I didn’t think my 120 was enough and I bought a Stella 200 from the Light & Motion website and it was great. Shortly after that, I wanted more, and bought a Stella 400 Dual pair from the website. They were so bright, they outshone my 200. It was a little while after that when we stopped night riding. My daughter was born and I wasn’t able to night ride anymore.

Here I am a few years later and I replaced my 200 light head with a Stella 500 one from the Amazon Warehouse for about 60 dollars which now outshines my 400 Duals. Since we can now ride again, I shall give my 200 light head to my buddy, although he will need a battery to power it. Night riding, even on the same trail is a new adventure altogether, and extremely fun. Give it a try, you people who have never given it a shot.

I will clarify, the 120s, 200, and 500 are all helmet mounted. My Stella 400 Duals are bar mounted.