Reply To: My New Frame Build

A little bit of both, if I’m completely honest. I have two other bikes, one big hit 160mm travel model, and a hardtail, and both have 40mm riser handlebars. I like the upright position they put me in, and I kind of went with that with this new one. Those bikes both have Spike Spank Evo777 bars. This new frame that I decided to build up I had bought from eBay. I didn’t want to spend a tonne of money so this seemed like the best bet. After I had bought the frame I started reading reviews and reports from people who had owned the original models of this frame in complete bike form and they were complaining of seat tube, and read swing arm cracking. Again, this was after I had already purchased the frame, so in the back of my my mind, there was always this lurking fear that the frame would destroy itself if I looked at it the wrong way. With that in mind, I was always thinking that I would have to buy another frame and transfer over all of the components I had outfitted this one with. As such, I left the steer tube mostly uncut (I had my guy at the LBS cut it a bit), just in case I had to transfer it over to another frame. It was something of a small miracle I was able to find this fork in it’s configuration in this colour, and I didn’t want to have to bin it if the frame went bang. This new bar is a Renthal Fatbar Lite Carbon from the UK. It’s a 30mm rise, and is incredibly comfortable for both in the saddle pedalling and getting up and standing on the pedals for riding over trail features. I shall include a picture for your viewing pleasure, haha. Oh yes, the length of the bar is the factory 740mm length as well.