Re: Ski’s Greatest Hits – Autumn 2015

Fisch –

Well, hell, seems like you’re the authority on such roadtripping-mountain biking shenanigans. I’ll take some time today to look at the I-70 route; only reason I was looking to go north is because I swung the low road along 70 back in 2010 when I went from Niagara Falls to Colorado Springs. But if there’s a good trail I won’t always have the opportunity to hit along the way, I’ll consider switching routes.

Slowing down in Colorado and taking leave-en-route were certainly thoughts on my mind; still got friends around there from the Academy days, so stopping in The Centennial State for a little mini-vacation is always an opportunity I look for.

Appreciate your suggestions for subbing out Gooseberry; keeping stuff a certain proximity AWAY from Vegas is a valid point.

And as for equipment, it seems I should be pretty confident in shopping around for a seatpost online before I get back stateside, but I think I’m going to have to wait to demo a 1x vs. 2x Drivetrain. While I do pride myself on my climbing ability, and the idea of a single shifter and derailleur sounds ideal, I’m not sure if I’m confident in dropping both rings up front; all I know is that right now, 3’s too many.

I’ll keep doing homework…nothing but time on this end. Still open to suggestions!