Re: I need to buy a 29er ! Budget 700$

I just went through the same process last month. The best thing to do is shop around online, and talks to as many LBSs as you can. I went in every shop within a reasonable drive and called or emailed others in surrounding areas. Especially pay attention to any shops that do trade-ins. They always have people bringing In great bikes, and you get bike shop service on a used bike. Just know what type of components you want and stick to your budget. After shopping around for 2 months I ended up stumbling on a 2012 Jamis Exile Race for $750. I had actually increased my budget and was very close to spending $1200 when I found this one, so keep looking and stick to your budget.

As far as components go, I let all the shops know I was looking for Rockshox Recon or better, with hydraulic disk breaks and something comparable to x7 derailleurs. Whatever you decide, just make sure you test drive everything. I actually liked my $750 bike a lot better than the $1200 option.

A great website to watch is [url]jensonusa.com[/url] They always have great deals on close outs.

Good luck, I hope you find something soon so you can get a full season!