Re: The Moderately Upset Multi-Biker

MTI

Once again spot on Json. If someone wants to drop $10,000 on a bike, great and I would love to take a ride with them. If someone wants to drop $600 on a bike, great and I would love to take a ride with them. You are so right that entry level persons are going to get their info from forums and LBS. My first bike was a Gary Fisher Tassajera 10 years ago and was a $600 bike and I had so much fun on it. Entry level bikes today are lighter and more advanced than that bike but does it mean I had less fun on it? No, of course not. I was just speaking to someone a few weeks ago that did not have much money but wanted to get into the sport but did not think he could afford a "quality bike." He thought he had to spend like $2000 and I hate it when that happens because that mentality keeps people from riding.

Regarding bike reviews, I personally like to see bike reviews with an SLX or X7 components than XTR. I understand why the companies test out the higher end bikes and give them the publicity. I just fail to be impressed by them. I’ll stick with the middle of the road and below…like my intelligence! 😕