Re: Comparison of two bikes! Please help!

Hi,

To answer your question directly, i think the Anthem is a better pick because i think the overall quality of the different components is slightly better. ( e.g. Alivio shifters >> Altus and Shimano brakes > Tektro, even though alivio front derailleur < Deore).

That being said, here is my opinion. I’m not a fan of entry level full suspension bikes like those two because i think that you pay too much for what you get. For the same price you can get a mid-level or even a high end hardtail that will prove to be a much more enjoyable and reliable steed than an entry level full sus. You can expect a mix of SLX/XT components and mid level rockshox/Fox forks which are way better than Alivio and *cough* Altus. Chances are that when you will change for a high end full sus, you will want to keep your trusty hardtail, which might not be the case for your clumsy entry level full sus. You also have the option of component swaping, but that is usualy not what beginners want to get into.

Thats for the same price level option. You can also decide to pay more now and get straight to that mid level full sus category. It really depends on how experienced and serious about mtb you are now, how serious you want to be and what kind of riding you are expecting to do.

Good luck ! 😀