Re: Is Specialized evil?

As the author, I can answer any questions you may have about what I wrote.

I used to be a big Specialized fanboy, I rode an old stumpy M2 Team edition, a big S helmet, shoes, gloves…yeah I was that guy. Then I got out of the sport for a few years (I could not afford it)…so whenI came back of course I went to what I knew worked for me and there were these new bikes with shocks in the back too…so I bought a Specialized FS from my LBS…well, I broke the frame…not once, but twice (all within the original warranty period of 2 years). When I called the Canadian distributor to get them to ship me a new frame I was told they would not give me a warranty, that I must have had it set up wrong to have their product fail the same way twice. Well, the shop I bought it from set me up (James of SuspensionWerx fame did it…this was before he started that company though). I was pretty adamant that they send me a new frame so I stayed on the line for over an hour trying to get them to honor their warranty. After much back and forth the guy in charge of warranty’s says…."I will send you a new frame…but I never want to see your name come across my desk again!".

With a few words my faith in the Specialized brand vanished.

Then I start hearing about the IP issues….and even found more when I did my research for this post. It’s really too bad these issues have come up….They do make some of the nicest bikes out on the trails…I mean the Enduro 29 is probably one of the best bikes ever, but who wants to deal with all that crap….not me.