Re: Planning an Alabama trip! Info needed…

Alabama resident here.
Oak Mountain is a great place to ride. Jekyll and Hyde is my favorite trail starts off rocky and progressively begins to get a nice roll to it.
Coldwater Mountain is another great ride. Don’t leave without hitting bomb dog. Its a bit of a climb but it is worth it for the ride down. Probably the the longest downhill in the whole state.

Don’t leave without riding them.

Sylaward trail in Sylacaga didn’t do much for me. A good beginner trail with good flow. I like my rides to be more challenging and fun. The trails are nicely put together and well kept though.

Swayback in Wetumpka is a slight step up in difficulty than Sylaward. Its about an hour south of Birmingham I don’t know how far you plan venture out from the general area. This trail is another begginer trail that has some good views of Jordan Lake. Various trail lengths from 4-12 miles. A bit rooty in a good way. Well kept and maintain. They had a race there last weekend.

Also of Chewacla in Auburn. But that is several hours away and I would not be worth the drive.

Those are the trails I have rode personally. Coldwater is the furthest I North in the state I have rode and Oak Mountain is the furthest West in the state I have rode.

Enjoy your stay. Enjoy the trails.