Re: tire guage ?

"jstrobby" wrote

I don’t know what valves I have but when I check the psi it says 35 psi but the tires feel very hard and it says on the tire it can go up to 65 psi

I think they nailed it above. If you feel the tires are too hard at 35 psi and its not comfortable to you on the trail then let some out, go to around 30 and see how that feels for you on the trail. I weigh probably 180 with all my gear on. I ride a Tallboy LT, with tubeless Stans Arch EX, a Nobby Nic 2.35 up front, Racing ralph 2.25 in the rear. I know like most people I can ride with less psi but I stay comfortable filling it up right at 30 psi. over time they will lose some air and as long as I stay between 27-30 I’m a happy camper. For me at least, I feel like my bike is sluggish with less pressure and anything over 32 rides too harsh for me .. so that 30 psi is my wheelhouse so to speak.. Best bet is what feels best to you on your particular trails. whether you ride technical stuff lots of rocks and roots or are mainly on smoothflowing trails. You’ll eventually get a feel for what works best for you. Have fun on your ride

Also your tire may be able to take 65 but that does not necessarily mean your rim can take that pressure.