Re: Back Surgery

I am just trying to occupy my mind is all CCR. You are very right about the hilly stuff but here in Ok where I live is mostly flat. The biggest hill where I ride (close to my house) is probably 200 yards but it is very steep. I usually cant make it up but I am also SO out of shape. I haven’t worked out in over 3 years. Last summer I would ride when the weather was nice and I wasn’t hurting to bad. The usual was around 15 miles but I never got in a big rush. I think the fastest we ever did was 18 mile trail ride in 3 hrs. We would stop and check out the scenery and where we like to go I went around the turn and there was a family of like 4 or 5 deer about 50 feet down. It is by a lake and the trail is 7 miles long but it connects to a 2.5 mile dual lane thru the woods and then parallels a golf course. As for the "bike kick", its more of a plague lol. I don’t know a lot about bikes and this will be my first full sus and I am not a rich man so I want something that will be reliable but I will make sure its stays in great shape. I want something that I can keep for a long time and wont be a money pit or a clunker. I can get Spesh, Salsa, Giant, Trek and probably a few others I don’t know about. I had decided on a Stumpy but I don’t ride anything rough enough so I think the 130mm sus would feel like to much. I like the Camber but I like the Fish2 more because the suspension is so simple. Giant just seems cheap to me (but I do not have any experience with them just my opinion) and from what I have read they don’t like to honor their warranties. I just want a cruiser that will be comfortable and get me back where I came from without to many problems!