Re: Front wheel/hub problem…

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Front wheel/hub problem… Re: Front wheel/hub problem…

According to Trek, the fork on my bike is a 2010 Rock Shox TORA SL SOLO AIR 29 T80mm w/G2 OFFSET w/STEEL STR, w/TURNKEY LO. It was set to my weight (around 190) when i bought the bike but i’ve never messed with the rebound. To be honest i looked at it for the first time the other day…i put it on the slowest setting (was on the fastest). this issue is definitely in the fork. The metallic "banging" i can feel (and sometimes hear) is the fork bottoming out or the fork returning and bottoming out on the upstroke. I really wish i could find what the air pressure is suppose to be in the non-drive side of the fork. I read on a forum that a 220lb rider kept it around 190psi. I’m not quite that heavy so i think i’ll put it around 180psi…not sure how i’ll find that psi around…On the drive side it doesn’t matter if i switch it to lock out or not it still does basically the same thing. i’m going to try to find a rebuild kit and change the seals. I don’t really know what else to do…..