Re: Suspension/Rear Triangle Bearings

I just replaced all of the suspension bearings on my 2006 Stumpjumper FSR last week. I was able to find a decent deal on bearing kits from Boca Bearings (http://www.bocabearings.com). Ran about $100 to replace all bearings with ceramic. There are two types if you look at their website. There are some that are double sealed and are specifically made for dirty environments (yellow seals).

I’m not necessarily sold on a real reason to get ceramic bearings over regular quality steel bearings for suspension (maybe wheels?). The ceramic bearings are designed for "high speed" and "high heat" applications. However, these are quality bearings, offer a double seal and cost the same as all other decent kits out there (including OEM). I think the bearings offered by Boca are better quality than what Specialized does for the same price (I don’t know for sure, but I got the bearings from Boca… So naturally I think they’re gonna be better 😉 ).

I had one bad bearing that needed replacement.. However, after replacing all of them… my suspension is PLUSH and feels BRAND SPANKIN NEW! Worth the time and $$$

If you need advice on getting the old bearings out, let me know. I have a couple of tricks that can help with that. Especially the bearings down by the rear drop outs. Those are tricky.