Re: Bad Time to ride in VA, WV, MD

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

No kidding. Digital is da bomb. If I recall it used to cost $5 or so for 24 pictures or something like that. Now you snap and delete as desired. Even the on-line pic storage sites are free or at least low cost.

+1

I remember back in the day when digital cameras first started coming out. I had an old, ancient, Canon A-1 35mm SLR camera, lenses, filters, etc..etc.. A buddy of mine bought a brand new Nikon {..something} [i:3i9zzlug]digital[/i:3i9zzlug] SLR camera.

We conducted a "test" by ourselves. His camera vs mine. Digital SLR vs 35mm film SLR. Nikon vs Canon. Outdoor shots overlooking Richmond’s city skyline. Outdoor shots in the country of a fenceline with horses & cows. Close up shots of my wife’s rose bush in the backyard. All sorts of different things. Long story short: same settings, same F stops, same exposure meter, same everything, same photos taken side by side. His Nikon digital SLR blew away my Canon A-1 35mm SLR film camera – and I was using quality film and paid the $$ to get the film professionally developed, and not by some cheesy dept store or drug store, 1 hour photo junk.

Digital camera are amazing and became the nail in the coffin to all 35mm cameras!!!