Re: Anyone ever use a pressurize hydration pack?

"Spartan" wrote

tnkasper, did you actually use the pack or are these just observations and assumptions you made based on looking at it? Just curious.

I didn’t use it on the trail, but did at home. I filled it up and tried to put it into my Dakine that uses a 70oz reservoir and the Geigerrig 68oz is too wide, so it would only fit into my large downhill Camelbak that I don’t use for everyday trail riding.

It works like they say, fill it it up, pump it up and it’ll squirt like crazy. As it is, with a 70oz reservoir filled up, there’s hardly room to add extra stuff in a pack.

The other thing, is that when this thing gets pumped up, it becomes very round thus sitting weird on your back, it doesn’t really feel secure like a flatter one does.

These of course are just my observations, you might like it.

You’re not going to clean off your bike with it. I’ve never been on a ride where someone needed water so bad and looked like such a skank that I wouldn’t share my water with them if they really needed it.The one thing I could really see using this for is cleaning off a wound after a crash.

I can totally see how those features would be useful for specific applications like the S&R or Military (which is really why the guy made them). I might have to buy one for my cousin who just deployed back to Afghanistan.

I do however really like the Osprey reservoirs and packs, my small complaint is that you can’t unhook the hose, but a plus is that they don’t expand because they have a hard back plate and if you use them with an Osprey pack, the packs have a channel for the tube to run up through so it doesn’t take up more pack room.

Geigerrig at REI: http://tiny.cc/0c9qdw