Re: First Flat . What do you do ? poll

Convert to tubeless before you waste more time. That is what you do. I’ve had 2 rides on the Stan’s tubeless conversion on my 26 rims. Very rooty trails around here and no problems what-so-ever. I used the rims that came with my Cannondale SL2 trail. First couple of days lost some PSI from 30 to 25. After a couple of rides it is minimal. 5 psi in 2 weeks. Could just be temp change around here. I had multiple pinch flats prior to the conversion. Would come out to the garage to find a flat over and over again. So I pumped to 45 psi. No more pinches, but sliding all over the place. The conversion is easy. It takes some patients, but if you take your time you will get it on the first shot. I know this is a hot button topic, but I found the Schwalbe Wicked Will WIRE BEAD to lock the best. The folding bead leaked like crazy and took some time to seal up. I used an air compressor so had instant inflation to 40 psi. ALSO, my advice would be to get a presta valve adapter before doing this. No ghetto adapter stuff. I keep a tube and CO2 on me in case of a blow out or a huge burp that won’t seal on the trail. We live in Florida so I am sure it could dry out from what I have read. If I could change one thing it would be to not use a kevlar bead. Wire bead only or something like the Schwalbe Hans Dampf no tube ready tire. If cost is an issue…..wire bead all day. Those are over stocked everywhere. Good prices.