Re: Do you ride with your dog?

My dog is very well behaved and have taken her on lots of rides through the local park. We always went on the weekdays when the park wasn’t busy. Her only problem was she got completely exhausted in about 20 minutes.

Then she had knee surgery for a torn crutiate ligament. Two thousand bucks and she’s almost good as new after 2 years of working with her to use the leg consistently. Now I just walk with her through the trails.

A caution for ya’ll!!! I did take her for a ride on a warmer humid day. All of a sudden she started looking like she was hearing weird noises and was paranoid about the surroundings, then with in 10 seconds she couldn’t walk and was delirious! Luckily we weren’t far from the truck, I picked her up and ran her to the truck. Put her in the front seat with the A/C WFO in her face and wiped cool water all over her. She snapped back pretty quick but scared the hell out of me!

Went home and did research, all the symptoms were of heat exhaustion. Dog’s pant to cool themselves (from evaporation), when it’s really humid out it dampers their ability to regulate their temperature! If you notice symptoms, get the dog cool by means of water and/or fan ASAP!