Grin

Guys, I have a big grin on my face. MTBGreg, I haven’t read your article yet on DH Skiing x-over, because I wanted to see what I saw on my own. Folks following here will know that I have struggled starting out. Old, out of shape, rock fall damage… Whatever. Today, I went out, went farther, and felt confident on the bike for the first time. Ultra race road bike (Dura ace components) on roads to full suspension 30lb beast on trails (or next to trails) is a big change. But now…. Out a dozen times on the new rig… I went out and saw this

And now, I may be starting to get it. I stopped other places… Yeah, I’m at the top of the steep hill deciding on my line…

And I read that you are supposed to keep over your pedals (madslacker) — I remember that one of the things that separated me from lesser skiing mortals was my even distribution of weight over my feet…

Of course, rocks aren’t moguls. Maybe I need a full face helmet. 😄

So, how do I go about launching off this one? do I bounce the fork down on the way in?

BTW, here’s a story:

When I was 17 and went out driving on the Taconic in winter for the first time, I had a problem. The guys that put on the snows hadn’t tightened the lugs.

Today, I approached a bridge and I wanted to unclip. But my foot wouldn’t release. Gee, there’s a lot of float in this spd… . Ok Get out on the other side. Whew. What the hell is wrong. The pedal looks fine, did I damage the cleat? No, you idiot, you didn’t tighten down the damn cleat…

But luck was with me on this occasion as well.

One thing though, where the hell is the chairlift?