Re: Questions from old roadie, mtn noob

"Jared13" wrote

I would recommend bringing the bike to your local bike shop to get the shock pressures correct. This might be a bit cliche, but it’s still true: A properly set-up suspension rides like a dream. An improperly set-up suspension can be a nightmare.

Mmm, for spot 2, can you cheat to one side and put that pedal high for some extra room on the low side? For example, cheat to the let and put your left pedal at 11 and your right pedal at 5. That will also put you in position for a quick pedal jab if you need some extra power.

Spot 3: Did you fall over because you couldn’t get unclipped fast enough? Are you able to lower the tension so you can get out easier?

On the LBS, don’t know where a good one is locally. As I said, I’ve been a bike mechanic, but never had to deal with this suspension stuff. If anyone wants to recommend a shop near 10512… Course, would have to take it apart some to get it in my car 😆

Spot 2 has a depression in the center, and if I try to stay out of that, I’ll be too close to one side or the other. It’s narrow. Really need to time a hop I guess to get the BB and cranks through the gap if I can’t roll through.

Spot 3, yes, I did fail to get out of my clips both times, but I have the release pretty light. I did dial it looser when I installed the pedals. Next time I try it, I’ll probably unclip at least one side first.

Thanks for the ideas! I’ll get there.