Re: Returning to Mountian biking after a 14 15 year hiatus

Thanks, I was back on the Murry Cruiser today and had my best performance yet. My failure on the trail made me push harder. Strong Thunderstorms are forecast the next 2 days but I plan on trying to get back to riding first of the week and ride on dirt at least 2 of the days. find some sort of inside exercise for a couple days. The Trek has bad shifters, I ordered new ones but they have not arrived yet, when i get it repaired i will try it on a trail. I only paid $30 for it so i don’t mind sinking a little money into it. I have ridden it around the farm it seems to ride good as long as you don’t try to shift it. Til then the Raleigh is the sole trail bike. Should i seek out some dirt roads, flat trails (walking trails that allow bicycles) while training to get used to the bumpiness and increased resistance or just keep after the easy green circle mountain bike trails. Also what are some things i can do indoors to continue to train when weather conditions do not allow me to go out and train?

Thanks
Aaron