Re: Cold weather gear

I sometimes use my UA tights over my Canari liner here in Michigan, and that was when it was 30-40 deg out. I just didn’t own a pair of tights. Then I saw that Nashbar was having a sale and I bought a pair of Mansfield Tights with Chamois for 24.99. Wow. Great bargain. I am thinking that I will get a second pair. Comfy, and not quite as warm as my UA tights, which was sometimes Too warm. A couple of weeks ago, I went for a morning Single Track ride, and it was 21 deg. I had on my Nashbar tights, Defeet wool socks, and I have an Icebreaker Long sleeve marino wool shirt I bought at Moosejaw, and my Zoic Jersey over top(for the MP3 Pocket) and a polartech fleece vest. Manzanella liner gloves under my Pearl Izumi’s, and a head beenie by The North Face under my helmet. I felt just about perfect. I don’t own any shoe or toe covers, so my toes were a little cold, but not bad considering the temps. It was cold enough that when I stopped for a drink, the water in my water bottle was frozen solid!! Great Ride.