Re: Hard tail 29er, Titanium, Carbon, or Steel?

Well this comment comes late to the decision making process, but I couldn’t let the comment about the Moto FlyTeam Ti 29er pass without an "informed opinion".

I had a decent Scott 26 aluminum hardtail from my LBS but wanted lighter, faster 29er and so I sold it and began the research. I eventually bought a BAMF Shitkicker 29 carbon 2×10 X7/X9 with ProBuild. Cost: $1775.00 delivered. The bike looked great and for the first two runs, it ran great. And then noticed what I beleive to be a serious design flaw. So I returned it.

I decided to bite the bullit, spend afew more bucks ($2250.00 delivered) and buy the Fly 29er with full Sram XO and a host of quality components. ( Second purchase from BD. My SO bought her GT road bike that came with the Cannondale factory Owners Manual for a good $500.00+ below the comparable bike from our LBS )

This bike not only looks great, but I’ve beat on it on some pretty hard trails, railroad gravelbeds and more. It’s rock solid and in a 19" weighsi in at a mere 23.5 lbs. So take it from someone who actually owns the Moto Ti, don’t hesitate to buyfrom the BD people.

Jeff

P. S. – had a problem with one of the Sram XO shifters. Contacted BD. they requested a photo to send to Sram and a week later I had a replacement. Excellent service!