Re: Wildlife?

"JDH" wrote

There was another time, a couple of years ago, a buddy and I were ridding Johnston Pass Trail (this is a true wilderness trail miles from anywhere). We stopped for some water about five miles in, I looked back down the trail as I drank and noticed two black faces looking at us from the woods about thirty feet away. We quickly got back on our bikes and took off, the two black bears followed us for about a mile, trotting behind us on the trail and they finally got bored and disappeared into the woods.

lmao! That would be kind of intimidating, you know those bears could catch up with you if they really wanted.
I was riding through my neighborhood yesterday after class (business law classes in the summer blows!) and I saw a cat running away from a coyote, nothing too unusual. Then a few blocks down I saw the cat standing in the middle of the road. I stopped to text for a second (texting and cycling just sounds dangerous). I looked up and saw the coyote run up from behind and grab the cat right in the neck, there was a small struggle then the coyote (about 65 lbs) carried a limp stray cat back to his den wherever that is. I know it’s not really a wildlife sighting, considering the cat was most likely at some point someone’s pet, but crazy nonetheless. What is going on with the coyotes here? Just a few days ago one hopped a fence and attacked a little boy right in front of his dad!