Klunkerz screening at Bicycle Film Festival

The 2007 Bicycle Film Festival is set for June 28 – July 1 in Los Angeles and Klunkerz, the documentary about the history of mountain biking, is showing at the Vine Street Theater June 30th at 5pm. If you’re in the area I suggest you get your tickets early, this award-winning film is sure to …

Ales and Trails: Brilliant

This past weekend IMBA-California held “Ales and Trails” at China Camp State Park in Marin County and from what I read it sounds like it was a great event. I mean, combining mountain biking and beer is such a great idea it’s amazing you don’t see more events like this. Plus the Ales and Trails …

Forget Everest: Mountain bike race in Nepal

Oops, looks like we just missed this one: The first mountain bike race on the Tamrang heritage trails in Rasuwa, Nepal. Why should mountain climbers be the only ones who get to enjoy the Himalayas? Seems like a great chance to expand recreational tourism in the area, has anyone heard how this turned out?

Womens mountain bike camps

Women’s mountain bike camps and clinics popping up all over the country. IMBA is teaming up with Dirt Series by Rocky Mountain bikes at two special camps in Hood River, OR and Park City, UT. Brush up on your technique, master new stunts AND make some new friends at these weekend camps. Rocky Mountain is …

Julian 7500 Death March as tough as Leadville?

Good article on the Julian 7500 Death March endurance mountain bike race in San Diego County last month. Only 12 of the 38 who started the race finished it and one racer said “This first (35-mile)¬†loop was as hard as the race in Leadville.” Well, I dunno about a 79 mile race peaking at 5,200 …

Floyd Landis competing at Teva Mountain Games

This is probably old news by now but it looks like Floyd Landis will be riding his mountain bike at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail June 2-3. Landis will be competing on the Team Athletes for a Cure in the Ultimate Mountain Challenge multi-sport team race to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

Crankworx Colorado

Whistler Resort is putting on the Crankworx freeride mountain bike festival at Winter Park in Colorado this summer. The legendary Crankworx festival is held in Whistler, British Columbia each year and features cross country, downhill, and free ride races and demonstrations. Crankworx Colorado takes place July 5-7.

Good chance to ride the Kokopelli trail

For those who have dreamed of riding the famed Kokopelli Trail but haven’t had the time to plan the trip, Bikerpelli 2007 might be a good option for you. The 5th annual Bikerpelli trip is fully supported and rides the entire trail starting near Fruita, CO and ending in Moab, UT in 4 days. All …