Are you passionate about mountain biking, and do you love sharing the stoke through carefully-crafted words and photos? Or is video more your style? We’re looking for enthusiastic, dependable content creators to contribute to Singletracks.com on a weekly basis with articles or videos that inform, educate, entertain, and inspire our readers.
We’ll be taking applications through November 22nd (2017), and all you need to do to apply is submit an original article or video for publication on Singletracks. But choose your topic carefully… the title and topic you select will help us determine who we’d like to write for us regularly. Your article should attempt to answer a question that mountain bikers have. Exactly what question you choose to answer and how you go about answering it… the sky’s the limit!
Be sure to read the Singletracks archives to get an idea of the tone we’re looking for, and follow these tips to optimize your submission:
- Our articles are generally between 750 and 1,500 words.
- Include great photos in your article: whether it be action shots from the trail, close-ups of the product you’re writing about, or something else to drive home the point of your article. We like to include about one photo for every 200-300 words.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. All content must be original and photos must be your own. The sample you submit must be unique to Singletracks and not published anywhere else on the internet before or after the application period.
- Attach your photos as .jpg files directly to your email, and paste the text of your article directly into the email body. If your image files are very large, be sure to reduce your images to 1200 pixels in width, at a minimum.
- Our videos are generally between 2 and 5 minutes long.
- Ensure that the video is high resolution and that the sound quality is crystal clear.
- Any music must be rights-cleared.
- Include the Singletracks logo title package at the beginning of the video.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. All content must be your own. The sample video must also be unique to Singletracks and not be published anywhere else on the internet before or after the application period.
- Upload your video file to Google Drive and paste the share link into the body of your email so that we can download the full, high-resolution file. Make sure that the share setting is set to “anyone with the link can view.”
Wondering what it takes to contribute to Singletracks? Here are the qualities that the ideal candidate will possess:
- An excellent mastery of the English language, including grammar, punctuation, and creative style.
- Skill with a camera, and a willingness to take the time required to capture beautiful photographs.
- If submitting video content, the candidate must possess advanced editing and production skills and own all the equipment needed to capture crisp, high-resolution videos.
- Mountain biking experience, and passion for the mountain biking lifestyle. While passion and experience are a must, it’s not necessary for you to have been employed in the industry up to this point.
- Reside in an awesome location with easy access to epic singletrack. Be sure to mention where you’re located in your bio.
- Be aware that this is not a full-time position as content contributors to Singletracks are considered freelancers. The average payment per article or video is $50.
This is the first time we’ve opened up the editorial team for general applications in almost three years, so if you’re interested in working with us, be sure to apply now! Submit an article or video to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief bio (mentioning your location), and if we like your style we’ll publish your article on the site and establish an ongoing working relationship.
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!