Beginner
miles

Doubletrack
elevation (ft)

Network
ridden
Trail Description
About this trail
The portion of trail coming off the upper (west) end of T113 is a steep rocky downhill stretch that will test your technical skills. It would be very difficult to ride up this section.

Aside from the portion mentioned above, and a short downhill section linking back into lower T113, this trail follows an old railroad grade
and is relatively easy riding with excellent wide-open views. You pass through a variety of terrain as well, making this an interesting ride as part of a larger Willie White-Wills Canyon Loop.

Elevation Range: 8,700 - 9,360 ft (660 ft elevation gain)
added by pawndreamBunny Hop
Trail Features
Trail features
  • Lift Service
  • Drinking Water
  •   Night Riding
  • Pump Track
  • Restrooms
  • Winter Fat Biking
Directions to Trailhead
Get Directions
Create a free Singletracks account to get directions to this trail.

Trail Q&A
Rider Questions

Please login or create an account to ask a question.
Recommended Trails
Recommended Trails
Wille White (t113)
Benson Ridge
Lucas Canyon (t251)
Jewel Park
High Altitude Racing Loop
The Cloud-climbing Rail Trail
Rim Trail
Local Info & Nearby Trails
Trail Check-ins
Trail Check-ins
what's this?
Recent Trail Check-ins     (1 total check-ins)
  wrestle203   on Dec 30, 2014
Photo & Video Gallery (0)
Trail Photos & Videos (0)

Reviews (1)

Bunny Hop

July 11, 2010
pawndream Bunny Hop  

Review: Great little trail! Aside from the section coming off upper T113, there's nothing on this trail that a beginner would have problems with. Some of the best scenery of any of the trails I've been on in the Cloudcroft area. Great views of distant mountains, pastures, aspen, etc. Very pretty (especially near the Hubbel Canyon spur). As mentioned above, I'd link this up with Willie White for a longer ride. There's also room for some exploration off this trail via T9278 (Upper Wills Canyon) which will open up options to ride Hubbel Canyon and Upper Wills. I haven't ridden either of these (yet), so I'm not sure how the riding is. Recommended Route: Start at lower Willie White. Ride to summit. Turn off Wille White before descending the crest. Drop down Wills Canyon. Follow back to lower Willie White. 10.5 mile loop. *Update of previous review* This weekend, I rode the route I proposed as an option above, i.e., Willie White (T113) to Wills Canyon (T5008) to Upper Wills Canyon (T9278) to Upper Wills Alternate (T9278A) to FR 64 to Hubbell Canyon (T9277) back down to T9278/T5008/T113. Excellent loop! It's about a 25 mile ride, so you need to have some time to complete this loop. It took me about 4 hours to complete this ride, but I wasn't really racing, so you might be able to complete it quicker than that if you wanted. Excellent scenery up on T9278/FR 64/T9277! T9278/9277 are the highest elevation trail network in all of Lincoln National Forest (you'll hit 9,550ft at the top of Upper Wills!). Screaming descent down Hubbell Canyon. This loop is probably the most epic I've ridden up in these mountains. I enjoyed this ride more than any other in the Lincoln National Forest. The Willie/Wills/Hubbel grand route rates as a 5, but I'll keep the overall rating of Wills as a 4.

* Review edited 7/18/2010

Similar Trail: Willie White Rim Trail High Altitude Race Course Lucas Canyon

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes | No

Bunny Hop

January 30, 2017

Review: Is it Child trailer friendly?

Was this helpful? Yes | No

Wills Canyon (t5008) MTB Trail 4.00 out of 5 based on 1 ratings. 1 user reviews.
Trail Conditions
Trail Conditions          < / > embed