Review: I had a Chris King hub which continued to loosen up after riding just a short distance. I was referred to Black Sheep by fellow Tarheel Trailblazers since some local shops I had checked with did not have the custom King tools required to maintenance the hub.
The folks at Black Sheep:
- Were very helpful and friendly to a new customer who wasn't sure what was going on with his ride.
- Had the proper Chris King tools required to complete the job - same day!
- Fully serviced the rear hub same-day! I dropped off at 1p, they wrapped it up and had it waiting for me by closing time at 6p.
- Took a "before" picture of the inside of my hub to show me what was causing the issues when I picked up my bike...I have been informed this may also be used for blackmail material later. ;-)
- Let me know that if their initial work didn't solve the problem I could bring it back - their work is guaranteed.
- Also found a replacement bracket mount for my Polar computer on-site to replace my broken one. Kept me from having to wait for a part to be shipped from the company.
- They were really cool to my little girl - she loved the pups, the kids play table up front, and they gave her a PINK Black Sheep sticker. It's the little things, right?!?
The only reason I gave 4/5 stars is that I did not see a large retail selection of bikes in the shop...this is NOT a ding since Black Sheep seems to specialize in custom builds and made-to-order rides. As far as service, their techs are second to none in knowledge and courtesy.