May 28, 2009
The liner works great. The chamois makes it as if you weren't really sitting on a saddle, but of course does not take anything away from the ride.
The outer shell was worthless for me. It rips easily. Split it all the way down and then up the first time I wrecked with them. But it was breathable while it lasted.
They're good as far as comfort goes. I just cut the outer shell off and still use the liner under some other shorts. If you are doing some easy AM riding then they'll do okay, but I would prefer somthing a bit more durable.
July 3, 2012
- microfiber "like" material (quiet and not noisy like nylon shorts when grinding up an endless ascent).
- many pockets, stay in place don't reveal "Dan Ackroid plumber's crack".
- decent appearance.
- decent XC durability (so far for 6 mos).
- very reasonable when purchased on line or ebay.
- dislike the liner (X 2), bulky chamois, liner too long for me and too tight around the thighs (and I don't have giant thighs), so I cut out the liner and wear road shorts, P.I. or Endura liners.
wonder w/ them being so inexpensive, if they will become an endangered species and perhaps I should buy more. far better fit, durability and comfort than REI or Nashbar baggy shorts
Was this helpful?