June 22, 2016
- Large 29er wheels climb hills easy
- Once you have some mtb tyres and tubes this will eat up the trails
- Handles well and rides city paths with ease
- To do any mountain biking you will need to buy yourself some treads for the wheels.
- Easy to pinch flat with mtb tubes and tyres on a downhill section
- Stock pedals are slippery when MTBing
- Stock grips are crap and don't stay in position well
Great hybrid that is perfect at what it's designed to do out of the box; ride city trails with the occasional off-road section. Once you've chucked some new pedals, grips, and tubes & tyres on it the Roam will eat up proper MTB trails. I took this on a 24hour race and a 3 day event in the middle of the Australian bush in Alice Springs and it still rides perfectly. Gotta watch out for pinch flats though if you're riding with a tube in as it lands hard on a downhill section without any rear suspension.
Love it, but don't buy it if your sole purpose is a downhill bike. Works great otherwise as a hard tail xc bike with a few minor modifications.