January 9, 2016
Fat Boy Comp Carbon / 2016
- Same full carbon frame as the Expert and S-Works builds
- The Red frame is STUNNING!!
- Decent component spec
- ICE TECH rotors
- Internal Cabling
- Ground Control 4.0" tires
- Internal Cable routing not well supported internally (had to stuff some dense foam in the down tube to stop the cables from rattling against the frame - annoying)
- Stout wheels a little difficult to convert to tubeless (have to seal the seams all the way to the top of the rim)
- Press-fit bottom bracket (no issues with it, just not a fan - personal preference)
Overall I'm very pleased with the '16 Specialized Fat Boy Comp Carbon. If you're looking for a well-designed full carbon fat bike for trail riding, snow riding and racing, you should give the offering from Spec a good glance. If you're looking for a platform to use for bike packing....this is not the bike for you.