January 14, 2016
- Strong frame, the rear end feels great when your throwing it hard into corners.
- Comes with a solid Shimano 1x11 XT drivetrain. (Crankset is actually Raceface affect)
- Shimano Deore brakes are better than expected.
- 140 Pike fork is awesome, how they put so many high quality parts on a bike under 4k is certainly a great value.
- The Monarch rear shock is very nice as well.
- Dropper post, its awesome, how did I ever ride without one?
There only two things that I feel most serious riders are likely to replace on the is bike.
1. The weeks, although the wtb st i29s are a good rim I the are on the heavy side and keep the bike from feel light on the climbs. This will undoubtably be my first upgrade.
2. The crack, Raceface has some nice products but the affect is not the top of their food chain so to speak. For those looking to bring this bike to another level I would imagine replacing the crack would go a long way.
If you are looking for a bike with a TON of value and you have about 4K look no further. Kona has done an amazing job with this bike and it going to be hard to find a better brand new bike for the money. Of course if you have a little extra you could opt for the supreme model which comes with better wheels and the xx1 drivetrain. The bottom line is you won't be disappointed if you decided to buy this bike. Happy riding.